As a leading Gauteng patent lawyer, Smit & Van Wyk Incorporated has extensive experience in successfully applying for patents.
Here are our basic steps and advice to you when applying for a patent:
- KEEP THE INVENTION SECRET until a patent application has been filed at the South African Patent Office.
- Contact us to discuss patent protection for your invention.
- We can also discuss the possibility of conducting patent searches to provide you with background information of what has been patented before in your field.
- We shall then, upon receipt of a deposit, prepare a patent specification for the invention.
- The patent specification will be forwarded to you for approval.
- Thereafter we file a patent application at the South African Patent Office in Pretoria.
- Only after we have confirmed that the patent application has been filed at the Patent Office may you disclose your invention.
Whatever you intellectual property protection requirements are, Smit & Van Wyk Incorporated should be your Gauteng patent lawyer of choice.