WIPO issues a message from the Director General each year, broadcasts a short publicity spot on international television channels, and dispatches posters and other promotional materials to IP offices and organizations. Reports of activities organized by Member States are published on WIPO website
- To raise awareness of how patents, copyright, trademarks and designs impact on daily life;
- To increase understanding of how protecting IP rights helps promote creativity and innovation;
- To celebrate creativity, and the contribution made by creators and innovators
- To the development of societies across the globe;
- To encourage respect for the IP rights of others.