Trademark applications may be unsuccessful when specific conditions for trademark registration are not met. A few reasons for unsuccessful trademark applications are listed below:
- When the mark does not fall within the allowable definition range
- When it is not able to distinguish goods or services
- If the mark has become customary for goods or services
- When there is no clear bona fide purpose for the usage of the mark
- Should the mark be a copy or imitation of another registered mark for goods
- If it indicates patronage
- If such a registration will limit the growth of a particular industry
- Should the trademark applications indicate deceptive marks
- Should it be likely to cause confusion
- Any mark similar to one already in use.
Contact us to help you with the procedures regarding trademark applications and prevent lawsuits, objections, and wasting of money.