What we offer
We offer a two-year candidacy program for law students to serve their articles at our firm. Applicants should have an interest in Intellectual Property law and will specifically work in the Trade Mark Department.
As a candidate attorney at Smit & Van Wyk, Inc. you will be based in Brooklyn, Pretoria. You will receive legal training from experienced attorneys.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- South African citizen or permanent resident.
- Completed your LLB degree by end of 2018.
- Maintain a minimum of 75% academic average.
The following documents should accompany your application:
- Letter of Motivation as to why you’d like to join Smit & Van Wyk, Inc.
- Your CV showing your experience to date.
- A Copy of your ID.
- Matric Certificate.
- Up-to-date academic transcripts including progress reports.
- Academic transcripts of any other relevant qualifications.
- Contactable References.
Only online applications will be considered. Email applications will not be processed.
Applications for articles starting in 2019 are open from 1 December 2018.
- Meet the Minimum Requirements
- Submit your Application
- Selection Process
- We make an Offer
We provide an opportunity for law students to get a glimpse of the day-to-day activities of a Patent or Trade Mark attorney practising in a law firm.