CIPC Call Center: 086 100 2472
Companies and Intellectual Property Commission
Protecting your intellectual property and elevating your business to new heights. CIPC brings together skills, knowledge and manpower from the Office of Companies and Intellectual Property Enforcement (OCIPE) and Companies and Intellectual Property Registration Office (CIPRO). CIPC will act independently with a focus on the registration of companies and intellectual property. CIPC functions will also include education and awareness, investigations, compliance and enforcement. Contact CIPRO today with your questions, queries or comments. We try our best to offer you the best telephonic support possible.
Main functions of CIPC:
- Registration of Companies, Co-operatives and Intellectual Property Rights (trade marks, patents, designs and copyright) and maintenance thereof
- Disclosure of Information on its business registers
- Promotion of education and awareness of Company and Intellectual Property Law
- Promotion of compliance with relevant legislation
- Efficient and effective enforcement of relevant legislation
- Monitoring compliance with and contraventions of financial reporting standards, and making recommendations thereto to Financial Reporting Standards Council (FRSC)
- Licensing of Business rescue practitioners
- Report, research and advise Minister on matters of national policy relating to company and intellectual property law
For more information regarding Intellectual Property services in African countries, click here.
The Dti campus Block F
77 Meintjies Street
Contact details for CIPC:
CIPC Office Hours – open to the public
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays: 08:00 – 15:30
Thursdays: 08:30 – 15:30
Address: The Dti campus Block F
77 Meintjies Street, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Tel: 0861 843 384
International Tel: +27 12 394 9500
Contact us for more information regarding our services and costs for intellectual property protection in South Africa.