Smit & Van Wyk, Inc. is a specialist South African legal practice dealing exclusively with patent law. If your invention is new, inventive and useful, generally, a patent may be granted for the invention in terms of South African Patent Law. Although novelty can never be determined conclusively, an indication of the novelty of your invention may be found by conducting patent and literature searches. Smit & Van Wyk, Inc. patent services covers all areas in Cape Town including, Green Point, Sea Point, Camps Bay, Hout Bay, Claremont, Durbanville, Table View, Bloubergstrand and many more.
We provide patent, trademark, copyright and franchising services on behalf of instructing attorneys on a fee sharing basis.
We are based in Pretoria but we represent our clients from across South Africa by method of telephone, email and video conferencing. The Patent Office (CIPC) and High Court is situated in Pretoria
Smit & Van Wyk, Inc. Patent services
- Patent prosecution
- Patent applications
- Patent searches
- Patent litigation
- Patents industrial designs
- Advice on licensing and assigning patents
- Assistance in applying for government grants
- Drafting and preparing of patent specifications
- Filing and prosecuting international patent applications via the Patent Co-operation Treaty (PCT)
- Overseas patent applications via the Paris Convention
- High court litigation
Contact one of our patent attorneys for more information regarding services related to patent applications, renewals and litigation in South Africa. Call us: +27 (0) 12 349 7800 or