World IP Day 2021 Competition is NOW closed.
No more entries accepted
World IP Day is celebrated on the 26th of April to teach people about the role that intellectual property plays in encouraging innovation and creativity. This year the World IP Day theme is “IP & SMEs: Taking your ideas to market”. Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s) play an extremely important role in innovation and creativity and it is important for SME’s to ensure that their IP is protected. IP can enhance the value of an SME and protects it from competitors looking to profit from an idea.
Every new venture starts with an idea. Each of the millions of SMEs that operate across the globe every day started with an idea that took shape in someone’s mind and made its way to market.
Smit & Van Wyk is hosting a competition for World IP day targeted at new ventures and SMEs looking to protect their brands. The World IP Day Competition presented by Smit & Van Wyk attorneys is open to anyone living in South Africa to compete for a chance to win a Smit & Van Wyk Business Start-Up Package. Smit & Van Wyk’s Start-Up Package includes the following services:
- Company name reservation
- Company registration
- Domain name search
- Domain name registration
- One trade mark search in one class
- One trade mark registration in on class
The competition starts on Monday 26 April 2021 and closes at 16:00 on Monday 3 May 2021.
1. Complete the competition entry form below. The answer to the competition question can be found on the following page: Business Start-up Package
2. Like and follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/smitvanwyk
3. Follow us on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/smit-&-van-wyk-inc-
4. Subscribe to our Newsletter.
1. The prize will consist of a Business Start-Up Package. The winner will be announced on 3 May 2021.
2. The prize will be awarded to a South African company.
3. The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. In the event of the Promoter not being able to contact the finalists the Promoter reserves the right to draw again.
4. The promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the original prize is unavailable.
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is conducted by the promoter.
2. No person who is a director, employee, sponsor or agent of or consultant to the promoter or who is a spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner, or associate to a director, employee or agent of or consultant to the promoter is eligible to participate or enter this competition.
3. This competition is open to anyone who would like to win a Smit & Van Wyk Business Start-up Package. The company reservation and registration, as well as the trademark search and registration are ONLY for registrations at the CIPC of South Africa. The prize does not include International company registrations or trademarks.
4. One entry per person only.
5. The winner will be randomly chosen via a certified method of selection.
6. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
7. Entries reflected on the promoter’s records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries.