Candidate Patent Attorney
Neil Stapelberg is a qualified mechanical engineer and a candidate patent attorney. Before joining Smit & Van Wyk in 2022, he worked as a mechanical engineer where he gained 5 years’ engineering experience through his involvement in engineering projects from the inception phase to commissioning. He is currently in his final year of studies towards his LLB degree.
- B.Eng (Mech)
Areas of expertise:
- Conducting patents searches which include name index, subject matter and patentability searches;
- Drafting of patent specifications, with focus on mechanical, electrical, civil and mining inventions;
- Registered Designs: Industrial designs, product designs, patterns and packaging.
- Local and foreign patent prosecution, including responses to official actions; and
- Litigation on patents and designs in South Africa.