Yolandi Coetzee is a qualified microbiologist, Attorney of the High Court and a registered patent attorney at Smit & Van Wyk. Before joining Smit & Van Wyk, she worked as a microbiologist and laboratory manager for a company manufacturing chemicals used in the water treatment industry. In pursuing her career in intellectual property, she later worked for other local intellectual property firms and more recently an international intellectual property firm handling patent, design and trade mark matters related to South Africa. She specialises in patent specification drafting, patent searches and legal opinions.
- B.Sc Biochemistry and Microbiology
- SAIIPL (Qualified Patent Practitioner)
Areas of Expertise:
- Drafting of patent specifications focussing on mechanical, medical and life sciences related inventions.
- Registered Designs: Industrial designs, product designs, patterns and packaging.
- Litigation: General intellectual property litigation, infringement – and validity opinions and letters of demand, and Plant Breeder’s Rights.